Multiple modes of action:
- Employing multiple modes of action to control the same weed spectrum is part of a good weed resistance management strategy.
- Roundup Ready 2 Xtend® soybeans are tolerant to both dicamba (Group 4) and glyphosate (Group 9), and are intended to provide soybean growers with the option of applying Roundup WeatherMAX® herbicide (glyphosate) and dicamba for maximum weed control.
- XtendiMax™ (dicamba) and Roundup Xtend™ , both with VaporGrip™ Technology Herbicide (glyphosate/dicamba premix) are two chemistry options to help growers enhance their yield potential.
Residual activity, for a wider window of weed control:
- The residual activity of dicamba may reduce early weed competition and improve late-season control, supporting higher yields and cleaner fields at harvest.
- Chart 1 shows the extended activity on annual broadleaf and grass weeds from a pre-plant application of Roundup WeatherMAX® and dicamba, as demonstrated in Monsanto Canada research trials.
- Chart 2 shows added yield potential from a pre-plant application of dicamba combined with Roundup WeatherMAX®, as demonstrated in Monsanto Canada research trials.