Roundup Ready 2 Xtend® Soybeans
Multiple modes of action:
- Employing multiple modes of action to control the same weed spectrum is part of a good weed resistance management strategy.
- Roundup Ready 2 Xtend® soybeans are tolerant to both dicamba (Group 4) and glyphosate (Group 9), and are intended to provide soybean growers with the option of applying Roundup WeatherMAX® herbicide (glyphosate) and dicamba for maximum weed control.
- XtendiMax™ (dicamba) and Roundup Xtend™ , both with VaporGrip™ Technology Herbicide (glyphosate/dicamba premix) are two chemistry options to help growers enhance their yield potential.
Residual activity, for a wider window of weed control:
- The residual activity of dicamba may reduce early weed competition and improve late-season control, supporting higher yields and cleaner fields at harvest.
- Chart 1 shows the extended activity on annual broadleaf and grass weeds from a pre-plant application of Roundup WeatherMAX® and dicamba, as demonstrated in Monsanto Canada research trials.
- Chart 2 shows added yield potential from a pre-plant application of dicamba combined with Roundup WeatherMAX®, as demonstrated in Monsanto Canada research trials.
Monsanto Company is a member of Excellence Through Stewardship® (ETS). Monsanto products are commercialized in accordance with ETS Product Launch Stewardship Guidance, and in compliance with Monsanto’s Policy for Commercialization of Biotechnology-Derived Plant Products in Commodity Crops. These products have been approved for import into key export markets with functioning regulatory systems. Any crop or material produced from these products can only be exported to, or used, processed or sold in countries where all necessary regulatory approvals have been granted. It is a violation of national and international law to move material containing biotech traits across boundaries into nations where import is not permitted. Growers should talk to their grain handler or product purchaser to confirm their buying position for these products. Excellence Through Stewardship® is a registered trademark of Excellence Through Stewardship.
ALWAYS READ AND FOLLOW PESTICIDE LABEL DIRECTIONS. Roundup Ready 2 Xtend® soybeans contain genes that confer tolerance to glyphosate and dicamba. Agricultural herbicides containing glyphosate will kill crops that are not tolerant to glyphosate, and those containing dicamba will kill crops that are not tolerant to dicamba. Contact your Monsanto dealer or call the Monsanto technical support line at 1-800-667-4944 for recommended Roundup Ready® Xtend Crop System weed control programs. Roundup Ready® technology contains genes that confer tolerance to glyphosate, an active ingredient in Roundup® brand agricultural herbicides. Agricultural herbicides containing glyphosate will kill crops that are not tolerant to glyphosate. Genuity and Design®, Genuity®, Roundup Ready 2 Xtend®, Roundup Ready 2 Yield®, Roundup Ready®, Roundup WeatherMAX®, Roundup Xtend®, Roundup®, VaporGrip® and XtendiMax® are registered trademarks of Monsanto Technology LLC, Monsanto Canada Inc. licensee. ©2017 Monsanto Canada Inc.