FLUENCY AGENT from Bayer CropScience
Jul 24, 2014
Fluency Agent is a new seed lubricant for corn and soybeans. It is a replacement for talc, graphite and talc / graphite blended seed lubricants.
Fluency Agent reduces the amount of active ingredient released in treated seed dust during planting by 65%. By reducing seed dust, Fluency Agent reduces the risk of exposure to non-target insects, including bees.
When using a seed flow lubricant with treated seed, only Fluency Agent from Bayer CropScience is permitted. Carefully follow use directions for this seed flow lubricant.
- Apply the recommended rate (see chart below) - Do not over apply!
- Mix with seed in the seed hopper – centre fill hoppers add Fluency Agent as the seed unit is filling
- Stir or mix the product into seed
- Use in all makes and types of seed equipment that recommend the use of a seed lubricant
RATES OF APPLICATION
Fluency Agent was rated as equal to or better than other seed flow lubricants.
- 2013 in field research on 13,000 acres.
Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) Statement on Neonicotinoid Insecticide Treated Seed
- Neonicotinoid insecticides are toxic to bees. Dust generated during the planting of treated seed may be harmful to bees and other pollinators.
- To help minimize the dust generated during planting, refer to the complete guidance “Pollinator Protection and Responsible Use of Treated Seed - Best Management Practices” on the Health Canada webpage on pollinator protection at www.healthcanada.gc.ca/pollinators.
- When using a seed flow lubricant with neonicotinoid treated seed, only Fluency Agent from Bayer CropScience is permitted. Carefully follow use directions for this seed flow lubricant.
- Do not load or clean planting equipment near bee colonies, and avoid places where bees may be foraging, such as flowering crops or weeds.
- When turning on the planter, avoid engaging the system where emitted dust may contact honey bee colonies.
- Spilled or exposed seeds and dust must be incorporated into the soil or cleaned up from the soil surface.
Always read and follow label instructions. For additional information call 1 888-283-6847 or visit our website at www.BayerCropScience.ca/BeeCare BayerCropScience.ca/BeeCare